Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Story of My First Quilt


The first quilt I made was just this past June - and it was for a lovely little girl who a) was just born a week ago and b) would be calling me Aunt Jess one day anyway, but now it will be real because I will be part of the family! When I made the quilt, her name wasn't even picked yet! A lot of big, important things have happened since June :)

Well, I made this quilt for Camryn. I can't wait to meet her. As I said in an earlier post, I got into quilting in the first place so I could make a t shirt quilt, but I wanted to try my hand at something a little easier (and MUCH smaller), too. And, this is when I knew I wanted to keep quilting even after my t-shirt quilt.

This is the front:

Here's the back. I've improve my straight-line quilting since then :)


I wanted to use more than the typical "girl" colors, so I used all of these, and the orange backing. It was hard to part with but I know its going to someone deserving -my beautiful future niece!


3 comments:

  1. Super cute quilt. Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was your first quilt and you had just started sewing? That is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this is an old post so I hope you get this comment. I've been looking at this quilt on your sidebar for weeks & finally had to search out the post about it. I love this quilt. Love the shape & LOVE how puffy it looks. I have a new niece & would love to make one. I'm curious how you got it so puffy. Hope school is going well. I'm enjoying watching your dresens grow!

    ReplyDelete

Let's start a conversation! I love comments and I'd be happy to reply to all who have an email address accessible. Thanks for commenting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...