Sunday, November 28, 2010

Sewing over Break

Well, I got a lot done this weekend, but I can't talk about a few things because they are presents for people! I will post pictures when they finally get them in the upcoming month. I can say that I plan to but fabric today to make superhero capes for two of my future nieces (check out this excellent tutorial from Puking Pastilles). I'm planning a whole post on that when I'm done! I'm also looking forward to starting my house block in the next couple of weeks (go here to Beth's blog, Love Laugh Quilt, for more on this). I have to admit, though, I REALLY miss making a real quilt! I just don't have time right now! But after Christmas sewing is done, I plan on starting at least one quilt over break. One for ME! In PURPLE! :)
Because I can't really reveal too much from this weekend, I'll show what I can:

Mug rugs for my grandparents (they love these colors). They loved them - they got them at our "thankshanukkah" celebration last Thursday.

I love quilting hearts :) I get better every time! Oh, and did I mention how much I love making mug rugs? Haha. Quick and easy, and a great gift.



Then, I finished my mom's hanging for over the oven, but I didn't put ribbon on it yet to hang. I'll show a final picture when I do that next time I'm home. Sorry for the dark and slightly blurry photo!


Then, I actually cleaned my quilting area. Before and after:



Okay, it might not look too different, but it did to me!!!

Look at all these fat quarters! I love collecting them, I can't help it.


I made selvage and scrap baskets, too.


I'm proud of organization! And I hate holding back on posting some pictures! Good luck on Christmas sewing/shopping/whatever you are doing, and I'll post again soon! First, I have to deal with the last two weeks of classes and classes... ughhhh... so much work to do!
I will probably post before that's all over though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's start a conversation! I love comments and I'd be happy to reply to all who have an email address accessible. Thanks for commenting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...