Sunday, July 17, 2011

Mosaic Mug Rug and Hex-a-long


The definition of a mosaic, according to dictionary.com, is "a picture or decoration made of small, usually colored pieces of inlaid stone, glass, etc."


This sums up this style of mug rug for me. I was inspired by the Bottled Rainbow QAL that recently happened in blogland. I plan to make that quilt someday... I love the look of ticker tape!

I used a lot of scraps and little pieces I had. I save very small pieces sometimes, and this is when
it comes in the most handy! Yay!

I just love the little owl, and elephants. I got lucky recently when I ordered from a shop (I can't remember where, I ordered a bunch of fabric this summer) and a little piece of Japanese fabric (Small Elephants on Pink) was accidentally included!

This mug rug was made for my best friend's sister for her high school graduation. She wants to be on Broadway, and I had this REALLY awesome piece of NYC fabric (I don't know where it's from, maybe Michael Miller?) that was perfect for the backing.



This is the second "style" of mug rug that I've come up with - "Jigsaw" being the other. When I open an etsy shop, I'd like to feature these in different styles/colors. What do you think? Should I go through with it? I wouldn't be able to open one until next spring most likely, but it's something I would really love to do.

I have another VERY exciting finished quilt - and a fantastic story - to share tomorrow - stay tuned! Here's a sneak peek:




P.S. I'm joining the Hex-a-long at Lily's Quilts! Are you? I'm a little nervous because I've never worked with hexagons, but I'm very eager to start.


Hexalong






No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's start a conversation! I love comments and I'd be happy to reply to all who have an email address accessible. Thanks for commenting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...