Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Being an aunt means lots of sewing...

...but I'm not complaining ;) My youngest niece is turning 1 this Friday (!) and I'm in the process of making her a colorful fabric book - as in, a picture book of colors, but with fabric. Each block is going to be sewn to another and I'm going to tie them all together to make the book. I plan to quilt them this weekend, too! More soon about this!

I was inspired by this post at Homegrown Happy (that baby is just the cutest). For a 1 year old, it seems like the perfect gift. Plus, the fabric has some different textures, so she can feel them, too. I'm excited to send it off to her :)

At the same time, I went to a wedding with Mike this weekend - our first wedding together, and as adults! It was for one of his sisters. I ran around helping everyone get ready, and we also found out at the reception that she's pregnant, too! I'll be Aunt Jess some more :) I'm already planning the baby quilt... oh, and I promised the happy couple a wedding quilt or couch quilt or whatever they want, so I'll be busy!

Here's a picture of us from the wedding :)


Linking up for the first time in a while :)
Fresh Poppy Design


9 comments:

  1. Awww you two look cute! and that baby book is a great idea, can't wait to see it finished...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to have people to sew quilts for!

    Happy birthday to Little Miss.

    Congratulations to the happy couple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds as if you will be very busy for awhile making all those gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fabulous idea!! Love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. That will be such a great gift. I love it already. Wow they had someone filming their wedding? You guys look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the blocks you are working on and love the pic of you too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photo of you and Mike. Very cool idea making a "color" book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea making the book from fabric and a wonderful photo of the two of you!

    ReplyDelete

Let's start a conversation! I love comments and I'd be happy to reply to all who have an email address accessible. Thanks for commenting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...