Sunday, November 13, 2011

Winter Sewing Goals and Little Apples Quilt Top

I'm a list maker. I make lists. For everything. What I need to do the next day, what I need to bring home from school (and back from home), what Christmas gifts I still need to buy (almost all of them), what music I need to buy when I think I can afford it, etc. It's only habitual that I make a list of my winter sewing goals (though I'm just a little too late to link up with Sarah over at Fairyface Designs).

1. Finish my Little Apples quilt. This one has been a WIP under the radar for a few months now. Last time I was home I had the inspiration to keep working on it. Here's the quilt top, following a Drunkard's Path kind of pattern!

IMG_5507

I'll be blogging more about my inspiration for this quilt and the process when I am DONE! It may be a while, though. Maybe not even this winter.

Little Apples Quilt top

2. Make 3 commissioned t-shirt quilts and 1 gift t-shirt quilt. Yes, that's four t-shirt quilts. I feel like this is going to take over a majority of my winter break. At least all the shirts are cut - just need to lay them out and get sewing!

3. Finish any and all holiday gifts - this is a major priority next time I'm home. This includes super secret t-shirt and the Slytherin scarf for my sister - it's getting there!

4. Work on my wedding quilt. The goal is to get all the borders sewn on to the dresden blocks, and work on quilting them. I'm still playing around, but I think I'm going to try "quilt as you go" (though I'm a little nervous)

046

5. Finish my last Pay It Forward! (due in February).

IMG_5212

6. Make my block for Heroes Helping Heroes (due in January).

I think that just about sums it up! I know I missed Favorite Things Friday, but I took my Praxis exam this weekend (teacher certification exam) and did a lot of thesis work... but I'll make up for it soon. I've decided I'm going to gradually make my way back into blogging - I still have a bunch of posts planned that I need to get to. :)


6 comments:

  1. I do lists, too. Sometimes it helps prioritize if I see it in writing.

    LOVE your Dresdens - very pretty!! Can't wait to see how you finish them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's quite a list - good luck with it!

    I think the Dresden Plate blocks look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a list maker too. You have been very busy. Wonderful creations!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love dresden blocks. Those are going to make a wonderful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on finishing your quilt and your dresden blocks are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sound busy! And your work is so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Let's start a conversation! I love comments and I'd be happy to reply to all who have an email address accessible. Thanks for commenting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...