Sunday, February 5, 2012

Lesson Learned: Don't Craft When Sick

When health interferes with the way I relax, it's totally not okay! I've had a pretty bad cold for the last three days and have been absolutely miserable. Not only has this distracted me from planning for teaching (I have sooo much work to do now), but I couldn't even sew. 

I've been so busy the last two weeks! Not nearly enough going on on the sewing front, though I will consciously make an effort to do more this week, as soon as I'm completely better.

However, there has been one almost-finished baby quilt - I just need to finish the quilting and put on binding!

Sneak peek (bad lighting warning):


Yesterday I got together with my friend Kristina from the Central Jersey Modern Quilt Guild (of which I am the newly instated webmaster!). We sewed together and went out to lunch. It was fun :) I didn't get enough done (I was working on a Valentine's mug rug) and what I DID get done came out pretty crappy to my standards - I was sneezing and coughing all over the place. Lesson learned! For real!

However, I will share when it is finished.

How is everyone doing? I apologize, I haven't even been keeping up with blogland much. I need to visit my favorite blogs this week.


2 comments:

  1. I totally get the sick thing. I had to finish a quilt for a present on Saturday and Friday I came down with a stomach bug. You never really think about how heavy a quilt is until you try to FMQ it and you don't even have the strength to move it haha.
    Here's to being healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww that sucks, get well soon. Quite a few lurgies going round here as well...it really doesn't make for productive sewing time! x

    ReplyDelete

Let's start a conversation! I love comments and I'd be happy to reply to all who have an email address accessible. Thanks for commenting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...