Thursday, May 10, 2012

My decorated grad cap!

It's finally here! I'm graduating from undergrad tomorrow and I. can't. wait.
It's going to be a great day - with my family and Mike, and then with all of my friends. I *may* (hopefully) hear back from the job I'm hoping for tomorrow (let's hope, on a day like tomorrow, it's good news!)

Here's my grad cap! I ended up using some of the ideas given to me in the contest, but the button thing was a sudden idea.


I got to use some of my great aunt's old buttons, some of my mom's, and some of my own that I had been hoarding (see Incomparable Buttons' owls? I love them! I used owls because they are associated with smarts :)).

TCNJ is my college, and HBMS stands for the school I student taught in - I wanted to give a shout out to my kids :) There are also crayon stickers on the two corners you can't see.

I bought the crayon stickers and the words/letters from Michael's, and cut the apple out of sparkly paper (as well as the leaf and stem). I hot glued those on (carefully). The 4 sparkly rhinestones, I had stashed away in the craft room - they are also from Michael's.

More grad pictures to come! I hope this helps anyone who was thinking of making their own grad cap. It's super easy and it was so much fun. It really didn't take long at all! You could do this without spending money at all. Cheers!



7 comments:

  1. I love how creative you got with your grad cap:) Congrats,congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just look at that fancy cap. Congratulations on your graduation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out cute Jess! I got my fabric and I love it! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your graduation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks awesome! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun! As I said before, we hired our caps and gowns! And I was very disappointed that we didn't get to throw our caps up at the end! Boring!!

    ReplyDelete

Let's start a conversation! I love comments and I'd be happy to reply to all who have an email address accessible. Thanks for commenting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...