Wednesday, July 24, 2013

WIP Wednesday

This week's sewing catastrophe: have currently misplaced my good (aka big) seam ripper. Sadness. Using the one that's about the size of my pinky to unpick my FMQ, because the bobbin tension was bad... :/ Maybe I need to have more than two seam rippers laying around!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced



I've been watching a lot of "Orange is the New Black" - the new Netflix series  - as I use that little tiny seam ripper (see, it's really that small). Can't decide if I love the show or not, though!

Okay, positives! I'm almost done with the above swap mini quilt. I *plan* to be mailing my package out Saturday - if not, Monday (that's the mail out date). I have just been so swamped around here with school and demo lessons and interviews lately (5 this week, which is awesome but so time-consuming!) that I've barely had any sewing time. Sorry I'm so boring right now! But, I can't wait to share!


In any random moments, I'm still embellishing some of the embroidery hoops that I mentioned now adorn my new bookcase. New home decor idea, much? Maybe I'll start a trend ;)


I just love this AMH print, and I bought almost the exact right color of thread based off of phone pictures while at Michael's (score! Celebrate the small victories, am I right?!). I decided to mimic the patterns inside the purple circles, and I'm loving it so far.


3 comments:

  1. That quilt looks nice, can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lose my seam ripper all the time. It can get very annoying. Having multiples only helps so much, soon they all become hard to find:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those embroidery hoops! I put some in my kid's rooms with just fabric, it's such a cute way to use panels and fun prints. The wonky star quilt is so cute, can't wait to see the rest of it!

    ReplyDelete

Let's start a conversation! I love comments and I'd be happy to reply to all who have an email address accessible. Thanks for commenting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...