Wednesday, October 30, 2013

WIP Wednesday

It's Wednesday... whoop whoop! - as we say in our kindergarten class :)


This week I'm primarily working on a Halloween/Thanksgiving tablerunner because I want more handmade holiday items in our apartment (and so does the husband, apparently!). It definitely WON'T be completely done in time for tomorrow, lol. The Halloween side is, though, and that's good enough for me! I'll just get to use that side first next year!



I wanted something simple that showed off the prints. This came together super fast!




Check out these cute skeletons Amanda sent me! I found the perfect way to showcase them with my ever-present Pearl Bracelets and Jewels from Lizzy House<3

The other side will be a mixture of mustard yellows, browns, tans, and oranges for Thanksgiving. I'm on a flying-geese-and-churn-dash-making roll (it's my first time making flying geese and churn dashes are my favorite quilt block ever!).



Lately, with my modern maples quilt, I've realized how much I love designing and putting fabrics together. I can't wait to share the finish with you! (by the weekend?)



P.S. Did you see my announcement yesterday?

Linking up to: Freshly Pieced


4 comments:

  1. A double sided autumn quilt is such a good idea!! Love how it looks so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lookin' good! How are you foing to quilt it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is looking super cute :) I love the idea of having one side for Thanksgiving and one side for Halloween. I might have to make one of these for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH BOY!!! I see your Janome MC6300! You do better work on yours than I do on mine, but you inspire me! :) I love your quilts.

    ReplyDelete

Let's start a conversation! I love comments and I'd be happy to reply to all who have an email address accessible. Thanks for commenting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...