Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Stephanie's Traveling Quilt

 

This was the first month for our progressive quilt/round robin style modern bee! I am over the moon to be working with Ashley, Laura, Renee, and Stephanie. I can't wait to see what becomes of our quilts.


Every month I will receive a quilt from Stephanie (passed down through the circle). This month was her own quilt starter and some beautifully hand written notes on inspiration. She sent the gorgeous sketch heart and the row of appliqued hearts, too!



Stephanie envisions a gray/red color scheme with a romantic element, so I started out with some cross stitch blocks (like kisses). I used Alyssa's awesome cross stitch block tutorial (in several sizes).


One of the tenets of our bee is experimentation. For this quilt, I mostly experimented with color (who am I kidding, that's my favorite kind of experimentation). I made the "JessBobSquarePants" block by Lynne... lots of HSTs but hey, it's funny how many I'm willing to trim for the prize of awesomeness.
 

Leanne just posted a tutorial for her BEAUTIFUL Reflection quilt, and I couldn't help but try it. I arranged the strips a bit differently just because. I'm so in love with this and don't want to let it go! Also, you can see my signature block (made from Rachel's tutorial).

I thought about doing some modern-improvy sections for the quilt, but resisted. It just didn't feel right to me, but my beemates might think differently. It will be fun to see what happens next. Stephanie's quilt is all packed up, ready to go to Ashley in a couple of days (P.S. Check out the awesomeness that Ashley is adding to my quilt)! My design wall is looking kind of blank... time to sew.



6 comments:

  1. Looks awesome, I can't wait to work on it and with red and greys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, this is going to turn out so gorgeous! Can't wait to see the progress and all the other bits everyone adds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks wonderful! I can't wait to see what everyone else adds and what you get next!
    - Katelyn @ Sing While Crafting

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely blocks! Its nice to see you working in a different color scheme! Red and gray prints are very very lacking in my stash so this would be tough for me. Can't wait to see what happens next this is a fun adventure to follow! (When is the next round starting, lol)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love, love, LOVE these! This is going to be an awesome quilt!

    Thanks so much for showing this off at Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete

Let's start a conversation! I love comments and I'd be happy to reply to all who have an email address accessible. Thanks for commenting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...