Wednesday, May 14, 2014

WIP Wednesday: Race to the Finish?

As you know, I like to put quilts in time out when they get slightly repetitive/frustrating/physically draining/etc. This doesn't happen often, but it did happen to my Botanics challenge quilt about a month ago. I quilted and quilted and quilted... and then I just couldn't! I only had three trees left and the top part (swirls of wind) but it had to go away for a while.

 

Only today did I really think about setting a deadline (let's say... the Blogger's Quilt Festival on Friday) to finish this thing. Thanks to getting new AMH fabric from Knotted Thread and to the guild meeting last night, I got super inspired. The quilt started whispering to me from the corner a la the basilisk from Harry Potter ("Jess... quilt me... I don't want to be folded up..."). So I'm going to try... as of tonight, Wednesday at 9:45 pm, all I have left to quilt are the wind swirls!

The trees get their own colored threads.

I don't think I've ever "premiered" a quilt for the Blogger's Quilt Festival before, so I'm excited. I can't wait to share all the details with you! Tomorrow I work from 8 to 6 so you know what tomorrow night looks like already (quilting, making binding, trimming, burying threads, a big bowl of ice cream, and 5 episodes of Friends). Friday I have a good chunk of the day, so I'll finish, take pictures, and hopefully post it by nighttime. I think I can, I think I can!

Spring '14 Blogger's Quilt Festival - AmysCreativeSide.com

(Yes, I realize the Blogger's Quilt Festival lasts several days... but I like the feel of deadline heat!). Am I totally off the wall for thinking I can finish this thing that fast?

Linking up to WIP Wednesday.

8 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! You CAN do it!!! (good luck!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how that goes--just have to put is aside for a while. I recently finished a quilt by just "putting my head down and quilting until it was done!" So glad it's done, too, but it was a slog at the end. Keep your eye on the prize, so to speak!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm trying to work out what to submit to the festival. Because you have to make a new post for to link up, I feel like I'll be repeating myself too soon on my blog lol, so I'm trying to talk myself into trying to make something new... in a few days.. yeahhhhh not sure how that will work :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're not off the wall. The bowl of ice cream is going to totally push you to the end! I find the closer and closer I get to the end of a project the more I can coax myself to say, I'll just finish up this one side of binding....well, I might as well trim these threads....and then, I'm finished before I know it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I know you can! I can't wait to see it, what category are you going to enter it in? I don't want to compete with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. GoGo Jess! You can do it! I can't wait to see this all finished :)

    ReplyDelete

Let's start a conversation! I love comments and I'd be happy to reply to all who have an email address accessible. Thanks for commenting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...