Sunday, July 27, 2014

Sunday Stash

I'm oozing with excitement over these recent additions to my stash!


Cotton and Steel!! Fabricworm sponsored "My Favorite Quilt," the series I recently curated over at Sew Mama Sew, so I was able to pick out some fabrics I love.  Thank you so much, Fabricworm!

 I had trouble narrowing down which basics I wanted (I really want them all and I really want half yards because FQs just aren't enough anymore) but picking out my favorite prints was easy. Overall, I tried to fill in some gaps in my stash (magenta pick, red, coral, green). Can you tell I love blue and Rashida Coleman-Hale's fabrics? :) I clearly couldn't limit myself and had to buy some half yards of Indelible by Katarina Roccella, too. All the fabric I used for Point Me is already gone! :O

Now the Cotton and Steel fabrics are calling to me to make something... maybe a new triangle pillow for my reading nook. Hmm. Also, I've had my eye on that jewel lawn (also from Moonlit by Rashida Coleman-Hale) for literally months, and actually holding it in my hands was a bit surreal (obsessed much?). I want to make a washi top out of it! Speaking of garment sewing...



I also ordered several yards of Pretty Potent and Field Study rayon from QuiltHome for future additions to my wardrobe. Now if I could only decide on a pattern! I know the Pretty Potent will probably be a Cascade skirt, and the Field Study (which I only have 1.5 yards of - all they had left)... well, maybe I can squeeze out another washi top. I've also never made a washi top. Maybe I'm a bit overconfident. :D


Have you been stashing, too?


8 comments:

  1. Ooooh what pretties!! I can't wait to get my C+S stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rashida's collection is my favorite of the new lines - our stash shares today could play nicely together, Jess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome! Some very nice adds to your stash!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These fabrics all have such great saturation, and are really calling my name! So glad I can live vicariously through you and your fabric purchases! The C&S blenders are really something else! Congrats on your new purchases!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, some great fabrics here, lucky you. I love your colour choices.and also your plans for garment making. Good luck with the Washi top.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that Field Study print.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great fabrics! I hope you do make a washi top and then tell me all about how it goes :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy! I'm sure you'll share your progress with us.

    ReplyDelete

Let's start a conversation! I love comments and I'd be happy to reply to all who have an email address accessible. Thanks for commenting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...