Saturday, August 23, 2014

Orange Peel QAL: Final Linky Party!

Are you ready to share your Orange Peel QAL projects?! I can't wait to see what everyone has been working on! From the Flickr group and Instagram feed (#orangepeelqal), it looks like sewists have tried several methods  - but many used the interfacing method with success. There's been straight line quilting, free motion quilting, hand quilting, and "ghost peels!" I've really enjoyed seeing all the designs you've come up with! Remember you have from today until Sept. 8 to link up, so there's still time (for a mini or "just the top" category, perhaps?)!


*I've decided to change the voting so that members of my guild can enter. I will use the Random Number Generator on September 8 to choose winners (will not be announce until 9/16), and then you can vote for "Viewer's Choice" in the following week, 9/9-9/16 (as already planned). Thank you for understanding.

Enter one of the following categories to be in the running for the prize listed (thank you a billion, amazing sponsors!). You can link up either a blog post or a Flickr picture. I hope everyone enjoys looking through the quilts and start to get your favorites in mind for the Viewer's Choice! (see bottom of the post for more info).

Rules:
  •  Orange peels of any kind must be a main design element of your project. 
  • You may link up one entry per category (via blog or Flickr). Please include dimensions when you post!
  • Your project(s) must be made in 2014.
Categories:


  1. Finished Quilts (shortest side longer than 30") - any size baby - king
  • Entries should be quilted and bound
  • The winner of the Quilts category will win a $25 gift certificate to Sew Me A Song!
 https://www.etsy.com/shop/sewmeasong







2. "Just the (quilt) top" (shortest side longer than 30") - any size baby to king
http://www.1choice4quilting.com/





3. Minis (pillows, tablerunners, placemats, mini quilts, etc.) - shortest side must be less than 30"
  •  Entries must be quilted and bound/finished
  • The winner of the Minis category will win a $20 gift certificate to Westwood Acres!
http://www.westwoodacresfabric.com/







4. Viewer's Choice - voting will open to everyone for ALL categories from Sept. 9 -16.
    • The winner of the Viewer's Choice category will win a fat quarter bundle of one of the colorways of Moonshine by Tula Pink, out this September, from The Intrepid Thread!


The Intrepid Thread



Happy orange peeling and blog hopping!


6 comments:

  1. Thank you Jess for fun QAL. I'm looking forward to see what everyone else made as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so behind! I might make it yet though. My kids start back to school tomorrow. Here's hoping I can get it put together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh dear, the pressure is on now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jess, someone just called my latest project an "Orange Peel" - hadn't thought of it... Was kicking myself that I only found out about this too late to enter. Does this count? http://quokkaquilts.com/general-sewing/the-while-sara-was-sleeping-apron/

    ReplyDelete
  5. No!! Jess, I had problems and couldn't load my picture! It was 3 min before the cut off

    ReplyDelete

Let's start a conversation! I love comments and I'd be happy to reply to all who have an email address accessible. Thanks for commenting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...