Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Modern Mini Quilt Challenge: Fruit Punch

By the time I heard about the Modern Mini Quilt Challenge @ Ellison Lane Quilts, I knew I didn't have time to make another mini quilt. However, so far, I've made a whole bunch of minis this year, so I picked my absolute favorite, Fruit Punch! I gave it away, but it's in good hands - my friend Kristina got it in our guild swap :) So, at least I can visit it, right?



This was my first time: 

-Quilting with a walking foot in circles (short tutorial coming soon)
-Working with an analogous compliment color scheme, intentionally (yes, I'm getting technical, but it was part of our guild challenge, AND you can even come back on Friday to hear more!).
-Having a really cool unintentional shape pattern (rectangle and square shapes, quilted in circles). Okay, I still think that part, as an afterthought, it just really cool :D


Quilt Stats 
  • Designed, pieced, and quilted by myself, on my home machine - inspired by Tula Pink's free patterns, "Color Blocks" (click the link for the PDF Free Pattern page)
  • Measures 24" x 24
You can see my original post for this quilt here, in which I share more of my vision for the quilt and the process involved.
Then, go read up on all the other completely spectacular mini quilts! Thank you for hosting, Jennifer!

1 comment:

  1. Jess, still in love. I tried to channel you the other day and quilt a circle. I only got one in. hahahah. How do you stop and finish the circle? What do you do with the excess thread. I'll definitely be coming back for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete

Let's start a conversation! I love comments and I'd be happy to reply to all who have an email address accessible. Thanks for commenting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...