Sunday, February 9, 2014

SWC Final Goal Linky Party

It's time to link up your post about your goals for Sewing With Certainty! I wanted this series to be about learning new things and also reflecting on our practices, so here we are! Did you fulfill your goals? What did you learn? What do you still need to work towards? Scroll down for the linky.


Here's how I did (my goal post was here):

1. My first goal was to sew more clothes. HA. I did take in some of my work pants (they were too large, so I took seams out and cut out some material before sewing them back together), but that's it. Luckily, I'm about to try the AMH Socialite Dress (thanks to my friend Amy, who bought me the pattern for Christmas!) and I already bought voile (AMH, of course). We are actually getting together in a couple of weeks, so hopefully I'll have some progress to share. This is one goal that I feel like I need a fair amount of guidance with - and in person!

http://quiltyhabit.blogspot.com/2014/01/diamond-in-rough-finished-quilt.html

2. I definitely kept improving my piecing. I'm really proud of how many of the points matched exactly on Diamond in the Rough. I think this goes hand-in-hand with accurate cutting - don't you? I also worked with curves again recently and I feel much more confident. Bring on the paper-piecing (I'm thinking March!)! This goal will be continuous but I've already made huge gains this year.


How did you do with your goals? Please link up a post below - though, only those 8 bloggers who linked up on the original goal post are eligible to link up again here. Your link-up will also count in the running for prizes NEXT WEEK from myself and 1 Choice 4 Quilting!

http://www.1choice4quilting.com/








Check back next Sunday for the prizes and the end of the series! Remember, anyone can still link up on our last topic, Writing a Sewing Blog.



--------------------------------------------------

Sewing With Certainty Schedule




7 comments:

  1. I have been eyeing that Washi Dress pattern...and now after working with voile, oh man, it'd be like the best summer dress ever. Cuz, you know, I have time for that. Excited you'll be doing some paper piecing soon! Once I figured it out I really enjoy it, on occasion. My only goal was to make a mini using curves and I haven't pieced one curve through the series! Sooo I guess my post will have to be about setting realistic expectations and adapting to new projects and deadlines, ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I follow you on Bloglovin, and thoroughly enjoy your blog. I love watching your progress on your projects.
    linsquilts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think accurate points are a matter of good cutting as well as good pinning. I also find it helpful to press the seams to one side for one piece and the other side for the other piece, so the two pieces almost "click" together.

    I want to compliment you on your fabric for Diamond in the Rough, both the choices and the placement. You did a fantastic job with that; it's just lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to thank you again, Jessica for coming up with this series and keeping us motivated! I have learned so much and had a wonderful time. I just know you will do a fine job on making that dress.... but don't forget... We do expect to see at least one new pair of pajama pants out of you yet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jess, thank you so much for hosting SWC! I've really enjoyed meeting the others who have participated, learning from everyone, and the motivation it provided me to try new things and practice. And I agree with Lorna - I'm sure your dress will turn out lovely! I've only tackled a few skirts, but I'll keep an eye on your progress with it for some more motivation to maybe branch out myself with clothing one of these days : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jess, I loved your SWC series and plan on referencing your posts in the future, it was pretty much exactly what I need to work on! It was all very inspiring to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it !!! Thanks for all the tips and thanks for putting this out there in cyberland so we can all learn from it !!

    ReplyDelete

Let's start a conversation! I love comments and I'd be happy to reply to all who have an email address accessible. Thanks for commenting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...